Monday, March 14, 2016

Very Early Planting

It is way too early to even consider planting anything outside yet but to my surprise whilst doing a greenhouse inspection I noticed how warm in there it was, in fact it was that warm I had to wear a short sleeve. This made me wonder if trying an early crop of spinach and lettuce was worth a go. So out came the seed box and I planted some small rows of spinach and some rows of lettuce. The only trouble is watering the seeds was a bit of a problem, our hosepipes are still totally frozen and the greenhouse is a trip across the yard, a bit far for carrying buckets of water.
We have a few pockets of deeper snow still left, so I covered the planted areas with. The heat in the greenhouse will melt the snow thus providing the water!
However, when all the snow has gone I will have to go back to the drawing board.
I may also see what else I could try to plant, maybe radish?




No comments:

Post a Comment